Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Programs
Unity Yoga is pleased to offer LOCAL Continuing Education opportunities for Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs). Convenient, low cost, and a great way to make new friends in the teaching community. Future programs include anatomy, asana sequencing, modifications and prop use, pranayama and meditation, teaching theory, yogic philosophy, and more. See our current program offerings below.
Contact hours vary by class offering. Students must be accepted with Yoga Alliance as an RYT prior to enrollment to receive CE credits.
Do you have a specific training request? For additional information, contact us at (509) 795-0359.
Interested in becoming a 200-hour registered yoga teacher? We are happy to refer you to Rasayana School of Yoga to start your 200-hour certification program.
What are the Yoga Alliance Requirements for Continuing Education?
Yoga Alliance recently updated the requirements for all Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) to include the following:
Every three years starting from initial date of registration, all RYTs - including Experienced Registered Yoga Teachers - must complete and log a minimum of:
- 45 hours teaching yoga, and
- 30 hours of yoga related training that is directly related to one of Yoga Alliance's Educational Categories, of which:
- At least 10 training hours must be Contact Hours.
- No more than 20 training hours may be Non-Contact Hours.
- Teaching or training hours prior to registration do not count as Continuing Education.
- Continuing Education must be provided by a registered Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP).
Yoga Alliance also notes that if you earn more than the required hours in a three-year period, the extra hours may not rollover into the next three-year period.
Please refer to the Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements site for specifics on receiving credit for participation.
Unity Yoga offers discounted weekly class passes for current RYTs! Avaiable for in-studio purchase only. Contact us for details.